Nothing is more refreshing than herbs and garlic in slurpy noodles. Try this Herb & Garlic Jumbo Shrimp Noodles as a quick weeknight meal. I used rice vermicelli noodles because we’re gluten free and I love rice noodles, but you can use any kind of noodles you’d like. I used an InstantPot (easier to film) to make this but you can also sauté it in a regular pot or pan. Serves 4-5
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
Half large onion, chopped
1 pound of cherry tomatoes, halved
500g jumbo shrimps, shells removed (about 24)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp red chili flakes
2 medium zucchini, spiralized
2 handfuls of baby spinach
400 g (dry) rice vermicelli noodles
2 tbsp olive oil, I used Oliv Tasting Room's Italian Herbs & Garlic infused EVOO
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup of mixed herbs (basil & parsley), chopped
1. Turn InstantPot to sauté mode and wait until pot is hot or heat pot over medium heat then add coconut oil.
2. Add in garlic and onions, stir for 2 mins.
3. Add in tomatoes, stir until tomatoes are soft, 2 mins.
4. Add in shrimp, salt, pepper and red chili flakes then stir until shrimp is cooked, 2 mins.
5. Add in zucchini and baby spinach, stir until spinach is wilted, about a min.
6. In a separate bowl, mix together noodles, oil and herbs and then add it to the shrimp mixture and remove from heat.
7. Garnish with extra chili flakes and herbs and serve.